Wednesday 15 January 2014

The Great British Ginger Biscuit

Last night I watched The Great British Bake Off (Sport Relief). Jane Horrocks made some Ginger Biscuits and Paul Hollywood said they were the same recipe that his Mum made. I instantly googled it and found his Mum's recipe.

Of course, this morning I made them and they were just yummy.

110g butter

110g sugar

110g golden syrup

225g flour (should be self-raising but I used All Purposes and added 1tsp baking powder)

2 tsp ground ginger

Preheat oven to 350*F and grease baking sheets.

Melt butter, sugar and syrup in a saucepan gently.

Remove form heat and add the dry ingredients to make a dough.

Make into balls (50p sized - mine were bigger) should make 40 (I made 20)

Bake for 10-12 minutes or until golden brown.

EAT

 

 

 

4 comments:

Simon Rumble VK2VSR said...

Wait, metric measurements for everything except the temperature? WTF?

famfa said...

I actually used ounces and our cooker is Fahrenheit !!!! Got you commenting though

Live it. Love it. Make it said...

Thanks for the recipe! Been looking for it. Made them today and are very yummy. I added some stem ginger as I really like it. Came out extra yummy!
H

famfa said...

Glad it worked for you. I can't use stem ginger as my little one doesn't like it but imagine it's good. These biscuits go quite hard after a few days but are great for dunking in your tea