Tuesday 19 November 2013

Woyww - a collar and two feet

Today I am joining in with "What's on your workdesk Wednesday" which is the brainchild of Julia at Stamping Ground. For all the information, please go here.

I photographed my desk on Tuesday afternoon after I finished clearing it after a mad 11pm sewing job was needed on our shower curtain (that Grandma grabbed before falling over in the bath! It was ages ago and she is fine). I really should have taken the photo before but I needed to orgainise my knitting so I could see what I was doing.

On the front left is half a collar for my cardigan but I ran out of wool so had to stop. Middle front is my Christmas Stocking, coming along well though I haven't done too much more, just the foot needed now. Front right is Grandad's sock. No1 done, no2 just the foot needed again. In the background is the poor snake and my dishcloth which hasnt really moved since last week.

I think I got round to most who visited me last week but there were still some I coukdn't leave comments on which is annoying but I did visit you I promise.

Right, I have two soups simmering ready for tonight's dinner. Toodlepip x

 

 

10 comments:

Anonymous said...

I can't believe how you crack on with socks, you're like a sock maniac!! Love how the Christmas Stocking is shaping up, it's going to be fabby. I have to admit that after the dentist on Monday I popped in to the yarn store in the same town, must have been the happy drugs lol! But I came back with some stunning lilac wool for a cowl I want to make. Just as soon as I finish those darned cabled socks (which have now gone wrong and need unpicking, grrr).

No linky yet, if it's not up in a few minutes I might be leaving it to you again!

Hugs
Brenda

Annie said...

Two soups simmering?...Do you know I can smell them from here....yum yum
Hugs,
A x # 42

Lunch Lady Jan said...

Two soups?? Ah, that reminds me of the classic sketch featuring Victoria Wood and Julie Walters!! I Love going to the volunteer run Cathedral cafe in Winchester. There are many Julie Walters types in there but it's great fun!
Love your socks, you're a virtuoso now :-)
Hugs, LLJ 41 xx

trisha too said...

A hand knit Christmas stocking--how awesome is THAT??? Fabulous! It's dreary and cold here today, I was going to put on some soup, too. (Too, but not two.)

Happy WOYWW to you,
:)trisha
#75 this week
with a little book

Andrea said...

you amaze me so much on the go the christmas sock is looking fab . hope you have a good week ahead and thanks for popping in earlier .ps bet the soup was ace especially on a cold wet night like tonight ...oh I'm so jealous ;-) ...crafty hugs Andrea #27

Julia Dunnit said...

famfa two soups eh? Nice. I love the Christmas stocking, lovely pattern. and I think the perfect choice of yarn for gran dad's socks. Nice, busy and truly productive desk!

mamapez5 said...

That's a nice bit of knitting there. You have lots of things on the go. Well done for doing so much. I hope the soup was good! Kate x #84

Sharon Madson said...

The stockings looks warm, and the soup sounds warming. :)
Sharon #88

Jackie said...

The Christmas stocking is looking very festive!
Jackie 33

pearshapedcrafting said...

Couldn't join in this week but couldn't resist a peek at your desk! Oh! your knitting is so wonderful - your Christmas stocking is looking good! Chris