Tuesday 30 April 2013

WOYWW #204

Hello Wednesday'ers, how lovely to see you. I have been MIA for a couple of weeks, entertaining the in-laws. They have gone home, the loft is mine again and I have left it a mess just because I can.

So my workspace this week (more than a desk, I made it onto the floor too!):-

The material on the floor is an off cut from Small's curtains and I am trying to make some bunting with it, as well as other material. The very big canvas is a painting I am doing (will take me years) and is from a photo of a field in our old Village in England where we used to walk. It is of sheep grazing in a very snowy field. My green basket is full of wool, odd bits of material, granny squares and some frog tape (how did that get in there?).

My desk........

....is all sewey (made up word?) this week. As I said, I was making bunting, then I made a chicken (for no other reason than I liked the material and I thought I would have a go).

Nimp is still there peeking out at the back, he needs his bell sewing back on but the truth is, I've lost it - shhhh don't tell Small! I have finished other stuff off though that I was doing. Sewn on the badges on the uniforms and towels, carried on with my granny blanket and cardigan, and finished my Warning Sign.

No-one bumped their head during the two week Grandma and Grandad visited, so it either worked or isn't needed. I like it though. It's not perfect but that's why I like it.

Off I go now and see what everyone else is up to on What's on Your Workdesk Wednesday?

 

15 comments:

susibee said...

How cute is your chicken?

I love your work space.

Enjoy the rest of WOYWW. Susi #65

Winnie said...

I am still smiling over your chicken! I keep telling my hubby I want to pack and move to Colonial Williamsburg VA to be the lady who walks around with the rare chickens to show people. Kid you not, I see her there when I vacation and come home to the stress of NYC. Sigh. I digress! Love that fun material for your bunting. The great sign you stiched is so funny too! Winnie#78

Angie said...

So pleased you enjoyed the wedding posts ....had to giggle that you got so carried away.
I love all the bits you create and that material on the floor is gorgeous...bet your little ones ...and not so little ...are happy bunnies xx66

Candace said...

Love the chicken

Thanks for sharing and have a great week

Candace #58

Monica said...

Your desk and room is a creative wonderland. Keep the coup filled with those pesky chickees
Monica 103

Anne said...

Cute little chicken, so very pretty. Love the cloth for your bunting too
Anne #77

Lunch Lady Jan said...

I love your slightly mad chicken!! Gorgeous bright fabrics made me smile :)
And if sewey isn't a word, then it ought to be!!
Hugs, LLJ 26 xxxx

Twiglet said...

I love your sewey desk - new word to add to the dictionary!! x Jo

ria gall said...

well get a load of you back in your crafting space things all over the place and you couldn't be happier, am I right?
Love the chicken
Happy WOYWW enjoy the rest of your week and I hope you get plenty of crafting time
Ria #113

Unknown said...

I love that you have left your desk messy 'because you can' ... lol! After visitors I'm sure it's lovely to have your house back to yourselves. Thanks for sharing and Happy Woyww Liz@55

Maisie Moonshine said...

Love your fabric projects - your chicken is brill. Have a happy week now you've got your haven back. MMx #56

Annie said...

Hi,
Sorry I'm so late in calling by this week but I've been having fun all day with my little twinny munchkins and blogging didn't get a look in :-)
Love the new sewey activities on your desk this week :-)
Hugs,
A x #37

Spyder said...

I'm late too, no internet from Tues night to Wednesday afternoon! agh!! Your bunting is going to look fabulous! with all those faces looking out! Have a great crafty week
HapPy WoYwW!?!


((Lyn)) #142 No longer last!

shazsilverwolf said...

So many cool things to look at, you busy lady! Love the Mind your Head, its great. Have a great week, Hugs, Shaz #80 xx

April said...

I think sewey is a word and if it's not - it should be. :-) Cute rooster. April #122