Thursday 28 February 2013

Sock, Slipper and a cake

I have spent all morning painting kitchen cupboards, but once I had cleared up all my mess I stopped for a cup of tea and a slice of cake. Yesterday it was Huffle's birthday and I made him a cake, using a new Canadian Recipe book I bought for myself. (Since our move to Canada just over one year ago, my baking has suffered, ingredients, temperature, ovens etc etc). Anyway, this one worked out beautifully.

I will put the recipe on at the end. I followed it very carefully. It actually made a big two tiered sponge and seven cup cakes.

Then, after I ate my hard earned piece of cake, I sewed on my Pom-Pom onto my slippers. Taa daaaa

Perfect for wearing when swiffing or sweeping, keeps the floor nice and clean. Ha ha ha.

Then I thought, well, while I'm on a finishing mood, I will tackle that sock and watch the video. So, Taa daaaa.

Not the most attractive photo but it's fits perfectly.

So now I am off to finish my Angry Bird and who knows, maybe I will start on Sock No2 - after all the first one only took five months!

 

Golden Yellow Cake

Oven 350*F. Butter and flour two 8" round pans.

Combine 3 cups All Purpose Flour, 4 Teaspoons Baking Poweder, 1/2 teaspoon salt and mix thoroughly.

Cream 1/2 lb unsalted butter and 2 cups sugar. Add 4 egg yolks and beat well. Beat in 2 teaspoons vanilla extract.

Gradually add the flour mixture, alternating with milk taken from 1 cup whole milk on low speed until blended. Set aside.

Beat the 4 egg whites until stiff peaks form. Gently fold into the the cake batter with a spatula.

Divide the mixture between the two cake tins and 7-8 cup cake cases. Bake for 20-30 mins.

Once cool, Add buttercream and jam and layer - liberally sprinkle with icing sugar. EAT.

 

 

 

1 comment:

Debbie said...

The cake looks delicious, and the slippers and sock are fab!