Friday 23 November 2012

Christmas Cake

I was a bit late getting on with the Christmas Cake. I think I was half hoping that my new oven would prematurely arrive, but it didn't, so I just got on with it.

I never got to make one last year because we had just moved across from UK to Canada, we had only just moved into our new home and our furniture and belongings (including our Christmas decorations, baking tins etc) arrived the day before Christmas Eve.

So, back to this year, I soaked the fruits in a generous amount of Brandy for two nights. Then yesterday I baked it. Now I don't like fruit cake but the mixture tasted amazing (maybe it was the Brandy!).

I will now be feeding it with more Brandy until the day when I let the kids loose and let them decorate it. They did a wonderful job a couple of years ago. Can't wait.

One of my 'Angels' (Jo's challenge) has arrived. Just waiting for the other to arrive and then I can reveal what I made and sent.

 

 

No comments: